Monday 31 October 2011

Applying Blend shapes to a Head

I have now finished modeling a head which i can use to practice on. The head is very similar to the one i will be using for my film, however this head includes eyes, whereas the character in our film only has from his nose down visible. However I feel like it will be useful to learn how to create eye movements such as blinking for future reference.

Here is the head i shall be using.

I plan to create a number of facial expressions, for now it will be simple shapes such as a smile and frown. This way i will be able to see how much of the mesh I will have to alter in order for the expressions to look right.




Through further research i have found that the head i had originally created would not be suitable to mold in different shapes. The topology i had used was wrong and would not have given me edge loops in the correct places, in order for me to create the shape i need. I therefore had to completely channge the Topology for the head model.


No comments:

Post a Comment