Tuesday 1 November 2011

Facial expressions

In order to understand the shapes which make up facial expressions I have been looking at some reference to help me.  I have tried to find reference which shows very extreme posing as that is what's required for our Film.

 Here are two examples of the expressions required in our film. In order to stick to the styling of the film it is important that the 3D version of the character is as close to the storyboard drawings as possible. When drawing them Josh was very consistent in style so i will have to be too with the 3d Character.















So that i am able to understand how each part of the face moving affects the rest i have looked at live action. This is so i can see how for instance the cheeks move when the mouth is opened in a particular way.

I will then be able to apply this to my model so that the expressions look natural



No comments:

Post a Comment